Before the lockdown we surveyed residents to identify road safety hotspots. We had a big reaction and thanks to everyone who responded.
Paddock Road came up time and again as a safety concern with it being used a regular short cut by motorists cutting out the Turnpike crossroads.
Many residents of Paddock Road and the adjoining roads are concerned about the volume and speed of traffic.
This situation is likely to get worse once the proposed new houses on Lee Lane are built.
I am asking you to support this petition which will be submitted to Barnsley Council requesting traffic calming measures on Paddock Road to be put in place.
This is the best way for us to make progress on road safety in this area.
It is up to us to get behind this and attract attention to problems in our villages.
We, the undersigned, are calling on Barnsley Council to introduce traffic / speed controls on Paddock Road from Shaw Lane to Wakefield Road.
The benefits of this would be as follows :
- Reduction of traffic flow on a residential road that is not designed as a thoroughfare.
- To improve safety for residents of Paddock Road, Park View Road, Hornes Lane, Elliston Ave, Hall Grove and Paddock Close.
- To improve safety at the junction of Paddock Road and Wakefield Road.
- To improve safety at the junction of Paddock Road, Shaw Lane and Staincross Common.
- To mitigate the increased traffic (and road safety) impact of any proposed developments in the area.
Petition to Barnsley council to introduce traffic / speed controls on Paddock Road from Shaw Lane to Wakefield Road.