We think a park and ride scheme similar to Doncaster hospital could make a big difference to the parking problems at Barnsley Hospital.
Doncaster Infirmary has a 50p park and ride scheme from the big car park at the Racecourse and Lib Dem Cllr Peter Fielding has been battling to push a similar scheme through the Town Hall.
We have a petition here to show the strength of support for this, please take a moment to add your name.
* We are asking you to support this petition which will be submitted to Barnsley Council to support our request for a Park and Ride scheme for Barnsley Hospital. We, the undersigned, are calling on Barnsley Council to implement a Park and Ride scheme for Barnsley Hospital.
The benefits of this would be
- Less conflict between staff and residents on nearby streets.
- Less stress for outpatients with appointments.
- Fewer missed and late appointments.
- Another option for visitors
- Quicker entry and exit for ambulances
- Easier traffic flow on Gawber rd
- A reduction in local pollution.